Tuesday, May 13, 2008

"Thank you, you taught me so well!"


Lucy from Russia - Languages International Auckland

Hello, I’m Lucy.

I decided to come to New Zealand to study English as a first step to a postgraduate degree. It took me a while to do some research on New Zealand schools to find the one that would suit my circumstances best. Finally, I made a decision to enrol at Languages International School of English. I did it for a number of reasons, such as high standard of teaching, nationality mix, range of courses and the most important one, a possiblity to gain acceptance onto the University. My questions were fully answered by the school’s Russian counsellor. This gave me a clearer picture of the student life at Languages International.

And so my new life in New Zealand began! My biggest challenge was the IELTS test as I was not confident about my level and could not even dream of getting 6.5. The IELTS course was intense, the atmosphere was stimulating and the teachers were extremely supportive. When I look back now I can only smile at myself being so anxious about the exam. Believe me, 7.0 is a totally achievable result for anyone who is prepared to study hard. It has given me great enthusiasm and confidence and has actually helped me to learn.

I am currently doing my Masters Degree at the University of Auckland and loving it! The timetable is very flexible which means I do not have to come to class every day or sit the exams in the end of each term. What I do is collecting material for my Master Thesis, which involves massive research, data processing and experimental analysis of various aspects of human behaviour. Psychology has always been my passion and I hope that one day you might find me lecturing at the University of Auckland!

Thank you Languages International staff, you taught me so well!

No comments: